Sunday 24 February 2013

(A)MUSINGS OSCAR PREDICTIONS 2013



It's that time of year again when Hollywood rolls out the glitz and glamour for the most prestigious date on the entertainment calendar - it's Oscar time!

As with last year, Editor/Founder Kyle Pedley presents his predictions on who will and won't be going home empty handed when the ceremony kicks off later this evening.

For readers in the UK, full coverage of the Red Carpet and Ceremony itself begins at 11:30pm on Sky Oscars HD (Channel 303 for Sky Viewers). 


KYLE'S FINAL PREDICTIONS

BEST MOTION PICTURE OF THE YEAR: Argo

BEST DIRECTOR: Ang Lee - Life of Pi (Spielberg and O. Russell are both very likely upsets)

BEST ACTOR - Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln

BEST ACTRESS - Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook (Though something in my gut says Emmanuelle Riva is going to upset here! But I'll stick with Lawrence for now...)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR - Christoph Waltz - Django Unchained (The most difficult of the acting categories to gauge - I'm torn between Waltz and Tommy Lee Jones. I personally can't see De Niro winning this despite what some other bloggers think but I could ofc be wrong, it's the Oscars!)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - Anne Hathaway

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY - Argo

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY - Django Unchained (Amour could very likely scoop in here but Tarantino has only won once and that was nearly 20 years ago, I think the Academy will see fit to reward him again)

ANIMATED FEATURE - Wreck-It Ralph (Hopefully, seeing as it won the Annie and PGA awards... horrible feeling blind Pixar adoration could sweep the undeserving Brave in)

ORIGINAL SONG - Skyfall

FOREIGN FILM - Amour

VISUAL EFFECTS - Life of Pi

FILM EDITING - Argo

DOCUMENTARY - Searching for Sugarman

CINEMATOGRAPHY - Skyfall (Roger Deakins is ridiculously overdue - 10 nominations and no wins, but the academy do love to snub him so I wouldn't be surprised if Life of Pi ended up winning here)

ORIGINAL SCORE - Life of Pi (Difficult one, Lincoln or Argo could easily topple it)

PRODUCTION DESIGN - Lincoln (Smarter money would go on Life of Pi but somethings having me lean towards Lincoln here, and I just can't explain why... I'll probably be wrong but I'll go for it anyway)

MAKEUP - Les Miserables

COSTUME DESIGN - Anna Karenina (the big period frocks always tend to dominate this category)

SOUND MIXING - Skyfall

SOUND EDITING - Skyfall (I'm not entirely convinced Skyfall will win both sound awards, I think Pi or Miserables will beat it to one but I'm certain it'll take at least one of these so I'm going to hedge my bets and put it down for both)

DOCUMENTARY SHORT - Mondays at Racine

ANIMATED SHORT - Paperman

LIVE ACTION SHORT - Curfew

TUNE IN TO THE OSCARS THIS EVENING TO SEE HOW ACCURATE THE PREDICTIONS ARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing your musings! Let us know what you think...